Finally, the final version of Linux kernel 2.6.17 (code name "Crazed Snow-Weasel") is out and available for public 🙂
Linux 2 6 17
Released 17 June, 2006
- Support for the multicore Niagara series of CPUs from Sun.
- Driver for the Broadcom 43xx based wireless cards by the bcm43xx project, a chip embedded in many laptops
- splice, a new I/O mechanism (see below)
- X86 "SMP alternatives" (optimizes a single kernel image at runtime according with the available platform) (LWN article)
- New scheduler domain which optimizes CPU scheduling decisions for multi-core CPUs
- sync_file_range syscall, (LWN article)
- Block queue IO tracing
- Raid5 reshaping support (LWN article)
- Lightweight robust futexes (LWN article)
- User-space software suspend interface
- Generic RTC subsystem
- iptables support for H.323 protocol, compatibility for 32-bit iptables userspace tools running in a 64-bit kernel
- Add support for Router Preference (RFC4191), Router Reachability Probing (RFC4191) and experimental support for Route Information Option in RA (RFC4191) in IPV6
- CCID2 support for DCCP
- Softmac layer to the wireless stack
- Updates for JFS, ALSA, NFS, V4L/DVB (many new devices added), and many bugfixes and minor updates.
Selengkapnya baca di KernelNewbies
The following two tabs change content below.
Unix/Linux enthusiasts, good working experience with SAN, NAS, Linux, Solaris, AIX, VMWare & Graphic Design. Certified for Solaris Admin, EMC & HDS Storage.
Latest posts by invaleed (see all)
- Install WordPress di Docker - June 6, 2018
- Install ZFS di openSUSE - September 1, 2016
- VM Solaris 10 “intermittent” jika menggunakan ethernet e1000 - August 29, 2016
- Belajar Ansible - February 18, 2016
- Jual borongan perangkat keras dan Lunak, Server, Storage Network, VMWare dll - February 11, 2016